I offer online trainings for art teachers. Come see me at one of the following upcoming webinars.
- What is art? – Saturday, April 22, 2017 – 11:00 am CST
- What is art history?
- How to Talk About Art with Kids
- Inventive Activities to Interpret Art
- 4-Webinar Bundle
I’d love to come speak at your school or district about how to engage with works of art with your students–either in person or in an online webinar.
The below workshops are available, and you can contact me to discuss the needs of your school to customize your experience.
Visit my Linked in page for a full description of my past speaking experiences.
- How to Look at Art with Kids — Learn to facilitate meaningful discussions about art that foster personal connection, stimulate critical thinking, and uncover meaning. Cindy Ingram of The Art Curator for Kids will increase your confidence leading insightful conversations about art.
- Teaching Art History without Lecture — Learn engaging methods for teaching art history from Cindy Ingram from The Art Curator for Kids that don’t involve lecturing in front of a sleepy, darkened classroom. Take art history out of the dark and make it come alive for your students!
Professional Development Workshops (4-8 hours)
WORKSHOP 1: No More Art in the Dark! How to Teach Art History without Lecture
Turn on the lights! This 4- or 8-hour workshop introduces effective, engaging practices for teaching art history that don’t involve lecturing in front of a sleepy, darkened classroom. Workshop participants will learn and try out methods to make art history come alive through personalized observation, hands-on activities, discussion, and more. Resources shared in this workshop are designed for immediate use in diverse classrooms.
Both the 4-hour and 8-hour workshops offer teaching practices and tool kits for teaching art history in diverse settings. The 8-hour workshops are designed with more time for delving into how to teach specific topics in art history as well as to create and practice innovative lessons as a group.
WORKSHOP 2: Art History Crash Course
This jam-packed 8-hour workshop provides a lively yet practical overview of the basics of both Western and Non- Western art history. Through engaging workshop activities, teachers will learn art history in ways that both inspire and equip them to become more creative about the art they are studying. This passion will translate to your district’s students, positively impacting their lives for years to come as they make connections across skill sets and curricula.